Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

As you can see from my previous posts, I've been deviating from the paleo diet a little too often lately, so for dinner last night Luke asked me to make something that was seriously paleo. He also said my blog is starting to look like a normal foods blog instead of a paleo food blog. Well I'll show him. Get ready for some delicious paleo recipes these next few weeks! To start it off, I made Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a side of honey lemon carrots. My secret ingredient: you must pretend you are sitting in PF Changs while eating them.




Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:
Lettuce (Romaine holds up well)
1 pound chicken breast, ground or whole
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons agave
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons sesame oil

Directions:
If using whole chicken breasts, bake in the oven and then shred and set aside. If using ground chicken, cook in skillet until nearly cooked through. Add onion, garlic, ginger, soy, agave and cayenne pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is fully done. If using shredded chicken, add it now. Add water chestnuts and green onions and cook until onions are softened, about 2 minutes. Take off the heat and stir in sesame oil. Scoop mixture onto lettuce leaves and eat like a taco.
Note: I did not have water chestnuts or green onions in the house, so I left them out this time and it still tasted delicious! They certainly add a nice crunch, however, so they are worth adding.

No comments:

Post a Comment